By default, Vista doesn’t install the Telnet client. Often used for debugging purposes (network connection problems / SMTP diagnostics etc). Install it by following these steps:
1. Open Control Panel from the Start Menu.
2. Select Programs and Features.
3. Select Turn Windows features on or off.
4. Select the Telnet Client option.
5. Click OK.
6. A dialog box will appear to confirm installation. The telnet command should now be available.
Note that it might take some time for this to complete.
Categories: Information Technology