Have you ever wanted to see a list of all messages in a folder that are either unread or flagged for follow up? Well… If you’re like me then you probably receive 100 + e-mails a day and just can’t read them all at once.
Here is a nifty filter that you can create in Outlook to accomplish this:
- Make sure that you are in a mail folder (such as Inbox)
- Go to view menu -> current view -> define views
- Select “Unread messages in the folder”Click Copy, Enter an appropriate name such as “Unread and/or flagged messages” and leave other settings as is
- Now select the newly created viewClick modify, then Filter
- Go to SQL tab, check the tick box “Edit these criteria directly. All other tabs will be unavailable”
- Paste the following into the text box:
("urn:schemas:httpmail:read" = 0) OR ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x10900003" > 1)
You can now select this view in any folder you please.
This filter should show all unread messages and any message flagged for follow up that has not been completed yet.
I have not tested this extensively but have been using it for a while now and all seems to be in order with the filter.
Categories: Information Technology